The research work and the diversity of areas forming the Department of Romance Studies, is reflected in the broad spectrum of research lines followed by its researchers.
- Lexicon Studies
- Lexicography: monolingual dictionaries.
- Lexicography: bilingual dictionaries (history, contents, methods)
- Lexicography: the Catalan-French contextualised lexicon transfer
- Lexicography: historical terminology
- Lexicon: oral discourse analysis
- Lexicon: grammar and dictionary
- Lexis: lexical semantics
- Lexicon: language and pragmatics (theory and practice)
- Formal language theory, mathematical linguistics, theory of computation, computation with DNA computing with membranes
- Textbooks and grammars of French language (in Catalonia and Spain): history, methodology, cultural and linguistic content.
- History of the presence and teaching of French language in Spain
These lines of research are summarized in the following keywords: Grammars and textbooks of French lexicography, lexicology, linguistics mathematics, formal languages, lexical semantics, theory of computation.